Today I decided to turn the comments off. I have been wondering about that for a long time, so don’t think it’s an unconsidered action. I realized that I have written more than 30 posts and I have only 27 comments in my whole site. That is a very, very low number. I don’t want to write here any long poem, but I pretty much like the Matt Gemmell’s article. He has some strong arguments against comments which I agree with:
- They’re for a tiny minority.
- Comments on the web don’t contribute very much.
- Comments encourage unconsidered responses.
- Comments allow anonymity and separation of your words from your identity.
- Comments create a burden of moderation on the blog owner.
Still, I don’t want to lose contact with my viewers, consumers and users. If you want co contact me, you can find me (@akashivskyy or @kashivcom) on Twitter or contact me in another way. Click here for more info.
“I look forward to continuing the conversation with you.” ~Matt Gemmell